After working up a sweat on the Kinect dance floor we settled in at the table to stuff our faces with Christmas cookies and candy while we made gingerbread [graham cracker] houses. Audra I am pretty sure ate her weight in candy, including everything that fell on the floor. It was fun to see how each persons house came out looking completely different, in such various styles.
top right: My tree was all red and green, I was going for a Christmas cottage, Hannah claims it was the Grandma house. Even though it was not a contest I am going to say that mine was the overall winner since Gavin asked if he could have it......he didn't want the one that he helped make.
middle: Kevin, Gavin and Lindsey win the award for most original, they made the first gingerbread house I have ever seen with a retractable roof for the spaceships inside, and a stairway to heaven that included all nine reindeer.
bottom left: Jake and Hannah built a very solid (cross beams included) brick house complete with snow covered yard.
bottom right: And Pop's build the most energy efficient home topped off with roof top solar panels.






No comments:
Post a Comment