Monday, January 23, 2012

a tale as old as time

Saturday I had the pleasure of taking Gavin to see Beauty and the Beast. The day began with a sing a long to the Muppets soundtrack, then the movie and then rounded out with some Chick Fil A. 
We saw the movie in 3D, the only thing available, however it was a waste as Gavin refused to even put his glasses on. He ate all of the snacks that we brought with us two bags of popcorn, fruit by the foot and then some fruit snacks - can you believe he was still hungry for lunch after?

If you recall last time I took Gavin to the movies the funny moment came when he started belting out Justin Beiber in the bathroom. Well this time our incident also involved the bathroom. After using the restroom at the movie theater we went to Chick Fil A, which was SO crowded. We waited in life for twenty minutes and finally we reached the front. We were next. This of course was the moment that Gavin decides that he has to go to the bathroom again. I of course didn't believe him because we just went....and I didn't want to lose our spot in line. When I asked him again if he really had to go the bathroom he started jumping and holding himself so I figured it was worth losing our spot to not have him having an accident in the restaurant. Well guess what? We got into the bathroom and he decides he no longer has to go. oh joy! It's moments like these that I have a lot more respect for what Lindsey must go through each day, as I am sure this is quite normal for her. We ended up in the drive through (as I didn't want to wait in the long line again) under the guise of taking the food home to share with the fam. 

Fun fact when I asked Gavin who his favorite character was after the movie I fully expected him to say the Beast, Gaston or maybe Lumiere, but no. His favorite character was Belle. haha. 

3 comments:

lindsey said...

Love this! You didn't put the picture of you and Gav with the glasses on. Can you send it to me?

Becky said...

Haha, Dad will be thrilled about Belle :). She probably reminds him of his lovely sister Audra or Beautiful Auntie Mandy!

Angela said...

I can't believe you saw 3D Beauty.. do you have dreams of Lion King returning again for some more 3D of that? haha. No- so super cute that you and Gavin went to the movies together.